2003 Nationals...

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom P, IMPULSE #233, '86

Anyone know the status of the 2003 Nationals (i.e. where, when)???

And which rules are used (PHRF or OD)???
If OD, where can I get a copy of the rules???

What is the difference between racing class and cruising class???

Thanks,
Tom P.

Stu Jackson

Tom

...unless you're willing to host one in 2003!  Seriously.

The difference between the racing and cruising fleet is basically skipper's choice.  In 2002 it did not involve any headsail issues, since max in the class is still 130's here on the windy coast.

We used our OD regs, which you can obtain from George Bean, our C34 Chief Measurer.

Even in PHRF multi-class races, we've been able to field enough C34s to have our own class and use our own OD figures (Dave Davis: Correct me if I'm wrong).

Stu
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Tom P, IMPULSE #233, '86

Thanks for the replies...

I'm on the Ches Bay and thought I remembered Fleet 12(?) wanting to have it out here this year...Haven't heard anything lately and thought I would ask...

I'd LOVE to host it myself, but given my upcoming wedding, I don't think I have the time required to put into the project (and still get married---mybe I should re-think my priorities)...

However, I was hoping to sneak away from the bride long enough for a trip up the bay for some C34 racing...

Tom

dave davis-707-1988- san

Tom and others,
The class Rules are in our Web Site. See c34.org and hit on Racing Rules.
That is the nice part of our rules. The host club can decide which system to use. They can have a strick "one Design" or a PHRF modification. We, in the SF area, call our system a "Modified One Design" We have hosted it 5 times since 1989.
I was hoping that that Fleet 12 would jump in and host this event for 2003 or 2004 or...But as you can see, they have not responded except for Ron's answer. It's not too late...