Looking for a spinnaker pole

Previous topic - Next topic

LesGalicinski

I am looking for a spinnaker pole for a 34 mark II. 3 inch diam. 13.5 feet

Kevin Henderson

Hi there,

I have a spinnaker pole albeit for a MK-I  but same dimensions you're looking for; and one I am likely to never use.  Unfortunately, Ontario is a bit of a distance from San Diego.   :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

LesGalicinski

Thanks for the come back.  My son lives in Tennessee and I would be willing to pay for the shipping there and whatever it costs you to pack it up.

Les G.

Ron Hill

Les : I envy you as I always wanted to get a C34 size spinnaker pole. 

Just couldn't afford the 900 lb Gorilla to handle it!!   :cry4`
Ron, Apache #788

lazybone

If your not racing, is there any reason to have a spinnaker pole versus an Adjustable pole?
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

cmainprize

Hi Les, I have a fixed spinnaker pole from a Mark II and I live in barrie as well.

We use an adjustable Pole now with our asymmetric so I would like to sell the old one.

Call or text me at 705-794-3855
Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario

LesGalicinski

Thanks

The one in Barrie sounds perfect.

Les

Ken Juul

Slight hijack.  We have an adjustable pole.  As Ron say's it is heavy.  On the east coast we are plagued by light air.  Either running Genoa alone or wing on wing it can mean the difference in sailing or motoring.  It can be a PITA at times, but would not give it away for the few times a year we can use it.  PO purchased it, so not cursed with do I need it or not decision.  If you are racing I understand you need a fixed length.  From my experience, on the Chesapeake, most racing authorities will allow an adjustable pole that is marked at the PHRF length.  Might be a better for the wallet if your racing group will allow that, good for racing and cruising.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA