vertical ice cube tray insert

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Hardesty

I have a couple of the vertical ice cube trays with the plastic inserts broken.  Anybody know where to get the plastic inserts?  I looked on the Domestic web site (I guess thats who makes Adler Barbour), WestMarine, Fishery Supply and Defender.  The best I came up with was the complete tray @$65.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Stu Jackson

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Jim : If you have patience and let the tray warm a bit before you try to break out the cubes, then the try insert will last for over 25 years. 

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Sailing Steve

I jumped with joy when I saw Yonar's link: http://www.downwindmarine.com/Adler-Barbour-Verti-Cube-Ice-Cube-Tray-p-91000691.html

Sadly, the shipping costs are silly high in my opinion, even to a US address.  No joy scanning REI's website either.  Next time I'm in a larger
US city, I'll try checking out the brick and mortar REI.

Steve
Steve
'90 Mk I.5 "L'Abri"
Hull# 1080

2ndwish

This thread has lead to a DIY ice tray challenge between my wife and myself. Kind of like Iron Chef- Battle Ice. I will report the results as they come in.
Meanwhile a bit of google-fu  revealed the following:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/no-spill-ice-tray/24595

Purchased 2 for $10 including shipping. Will report on them as well.

2ndwish

Well the results are in. The ice tray from Camping World works well. DIY solutions ok, but none as easy as the $3  commercial solution. The Camping World ice tray needs to lie down flat, but does easily fit in our freezer. The cubes are a little small, but they freeze fast.

captran

ditto.  several of mine are broken, but seems to be OK to fill and insert the broken parts too.  I'll look at your link but like the vertical stack, leaving room in the center for meats
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa