Interior Cabin Paint

Previous topic - Next topic

ghebbns

Hi all,
I have a few spots in the cabin that I need to touch up the white paint.  Any suggestions on what to use?  Obviously I would prefer it to match the existing paint as closely as possilbe.

Thanks,

Greg
1990 C34 #1040
M 25XP

Kevin Henderson

Hi Greg,

I'm not certain I understand exactly where you are painting.  The only "white" paint in the interior that I can think of off the top of my head is down in the bilge and areas under the sole.  Is this where you are talking about? 
Most.. if not all of the interior surfaces (at least on my boat) are a light camel or tan color of the gelcoat and fiberglass.   
What /where exactly are you painting? :abd: 
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Ron Hill

Greg : I agree with Kevin on the white, except for the sliders above the fridge and nav table. 

I think you can paint the sliders with some Rust-O-liem (sp?) wood/plastic white.  Hope this helps?
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

ALL of the "white" stuff on our boat is formica.  It's ALL horizontal.  On Mark II's, some of it is vertical.

Good question.   :clap
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Paulus

The formica is antique white, few years back I found it at Lowes.  Perfect match.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

patrice

HI,
Unless he's talking about the gelcoat chip a few place.
From the Galley side or under settee, vertical sections. ???
:abd:
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

ghebbns

Thanks for the replies.  I believe I am referring to the formica.  I am a little confused with the horizontal and vertical references.

Greg
1990 C34 #1040
M 25XP

Stu Jackson

In the Mark I boats, the formica surfaces are the galley, head and nav station horizontal surfaces and the vertical surfaces inside the head; all the rest is teak.  IIRC, Mark II boats have more formica white vertical surfaces in the saloon with teak edging trim.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

patrice

Quote from: Stu Jackson on April 25, 2013, 10:43:36 AM
In the Mark I boats, the formica surfaces are the galley, head and nav station horizontal surfaces and the vertical surfaces inside the head; all the rest is teak.  IIRC, Mark II boats have more formica white vertical surfaces in the saloon with teak edging trim.

Hi Stu,
mine too is MkI, and what makes the galley base and the settees base are fiberglass covered by gelcoat ??? and are Vertical....  :D  :D
  :abd:
1989 MKI #970
TR, WK, M25XP
   _/)  Free Spirit
~~~~~~

Ron Hill

Greg : You've never come back and said "what" you are trying to paint / touch up!??!

The limited number of white surfaces in a C34 (as mentioned by Paul) are antique white! 
Ron, Apache #788

ghebbns

Hi Ron,

I did mention above that it is the formica that I was referring to.  Antique white it is - any suggestions on the type of paint?

Thanks.
1990 C34 #1040
M 25XP