Honda Generator cap

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobg

I have a Honda 1000, had trouble with it dying after a few minutes of run, I thought it was because of too much load, ect ect.  it turned out to be lack of air, when I would turn the cap to "open", it in fact wasn't opening, I had to get a new cap, it was frustrating at first but would run ok with the cap off, anyway just thought I would pass this on. who knows, might help somebody.
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Ron Hill

Bob : The cap parts come apart.  Another solution if the "vent" can't be fixed is to not screw the cap on tight, just leave the cap loose while its running.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Bobg

you are correct Ron, I did run it like that, but on a boat next summer I needed the cap to work.  I see that the cap does come apart but the kind folks where I bought the generator gave me a free cap.  It was frustrating at first because it would run a few minutes and die, just like it does when I am asking it to do more than it is designed.  everything is ok now, love that generator well worth the extra dollars.
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

peterml20

i have been trying to find a good place to mount my Honda 2000 on the c34 i wish i could find some sort of bracket to mount it on the rail or something. its always in the way. thanks for the heads up on the cap!