Fresh water pump

Previous topic - Next topic

sail4dale

CAt 34 MkII 1582  I find that my pump cycles about every 10 seconds.  No external leaks were found.  Has anyone found the internal check valving in the pump to allow back-flow to the inlet side?  That would allow the presure to decay and \cycle the pump on.

amoreau

Hi, My fresh water pump cycles about the same as yours.  It doesn't do it all the time though.  I been wanting to take the pump apart.  Maybe this season.
Al & Candy Moreau  (Dun Wish'n) 1488 Borden light Marina

Bill

My fresh water pump did the same thing.  I could see water moving back through the clear plastic ball with the screen in it.  The pump would cycle about every 10 to 30 seconds for about 1 second.  I called the manufacuter and they sent me two new check valves.  It is a fairly simple job to replace the check valve.

Bill Jenks
2000  #1484
Unzipped

sail4dale

latest installment on the cycling water pump.  In reading about leaking hot water heater relief valves, I checked mine.  It stood to reason if the valve is leaking the pump will cycle.  It was leaking so I think I'll take care of that before trying to tear the pump down for rework.

Ken Juul

I replaced the diaphram in mine to stop the cycling.  Couple years ago, got the parts at West Marine, think the cost was about $15, easy fix.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA