prop 15RH9

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobg

I have been reading about the increased speed some of you get out of a 15RH10 prop, my max speed in calm conditions is around 5.5 knots with a 15RH9 prop.  I have the stock universal engine in my "88" I believe it is 25 hp, or maybe 23. ( I don't have my book with me although I am sure I knew at one time,) anyway, I have read reports of some of you getting as high as 7 knots by changing props.  What are your thoughts, and where do you think is a good vendor, I am on the hard now and would like to do something by spring if I could.  Thanks Bob
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Clay Greene

Bob, we have the 10 inch pitch on our Flexofold three-blade prop and we do about 6.5 knots at 2500 RPMs in flat water and a clean bottom. We can do hull speed at 3000 RPM. Not sure if you have a M25 (21 HP) or the M25XP (23 HP).
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Les Luzar

Bob,
There are lots of posts about this subject if you use the search tool. I have an 87 built in November of 86 and my boat came with the M25XP which is what you should have and is a 23 HP engine. I repitched my three blade prop last year and got about a half a knot additional speed on average.  Ask your local boat yards who they use to repitch props. That is how I found out the most reputable one in my area.
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

Ron Hill

Bob : I wrote a number of articles and posts on repitching your 15X9 3 bladed Sailor prop.  

I'd only recommend a Prop-Shop that uses "PropScan".  Read my Mainsheet tech note article and you'll see why!!   A thought
Ron, Apache #788