Instrument Pods

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Harvey

We are considering adding a windspeed/apparent wind instrument, but don't want to mount on the bulk head. Has any one replaced the 2 "pods" on the pedestal with a more up to date navpod system? Do the existing signet instruments ( depth & speed) fit in a navpod type arrangement? I only want to replace them when it becomes necessary
Andrew Harvey

Bill Sedgwick

I love the pods. They can be angled so that you can see the instruments from either weather rail. I have a Windspeed in the port pod and a Tri-data on the other. This seems an ideal setup except for the crew who are forward of the helm.
George W (Bill) & Jo Ann Sedgwick
SchatzSea #1031

sail4dale@juno.com

I replaced a NavPod "3 holer" with a 3 "holer for
Raymarine instruments.  Wouldn't be without and it was pricey.  I have the 3 instrument pod left over :>( but the change was worth it.  I'm still trying to sell the 3 unit one and if you're interested I will be ready to "deal".  It has cutouts for ST60 instrument packages.

sail4dale@juno.com #1582

Whoops!  I better get better at proof reading.  I replaced the 3 holer with a 4 holer.:>)

Andrew Harvey

I was hoping to keep the original signets until I can afford or must replace. Do you know of they will fit your navpods. You could email me directly with your asking price.
Andrew
Andrew Harvey

cholder

As an alternative to these expensive if neat manufactured mountings, you could make one to exactly your own preferences using white, textured ABS.  It's easy to machine, bends with modest heat and glues with an easy to use solvent.  Cost is much lower than the manufactured pods.

rirvine

One thing you should note is that the 3 or 4 instrument NavPod that comes with a C34 from Catalina is an OEM version (at least on my boat with ST50  instruments) which is a different width than one you will get directly from NavPod today.    just my 2 centss

sail4dale Cat34 MkII 2001

This pod has 3.5" Dia. holes at 4.75" centers for the instruments.  Back has indents to mount to a pedistal with bars 9.5" apart on centers.

Made for the standard Edison steering unit and Raytheon ST60 instruments.  

They are really nice and weatherproof.  Doesn't age in the sun.

sail4dale2juno.com Cat34

Suggest that Rons statement that new instruments are square, may not be accurate.  Look at the Raymarine group.  the face is square but the cutouts are the rouind 3.5"dia. pattern.  I agree that you should detirmine what your final instrument group typ will be and act accordingly.