ice box drain

Previous topic - Next topic

ghebbns

In inspecting under the sink of my 1990 C34, it appears that the water pump is not connected to the boat (i.e. it is not screwed into anything).  I am guessing that the PO was working on it and just didn't replace it to its proper spot.  Where is the pump usually attached to the boat?

Also, there is a loose foot pump which I believe is the ice box drain.  Again, it appears to have been detached and not re-attached yet.  This one is a little trickier as I can't seem to see where the foot pump extends out into the galley (i.e. where you actually pump it to drain the ice box).  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg
1990 C34 #1040
M 25XP

chuck53

On my 87, the foot pump is accessed by opening that small door underneath the galley drawers directly in front of the ice box.  You have to stick your foot inside the cabinetry to pump it.

Ron Hill

Greg : The icebox drain should be attached to a Whale foot pump that should be attached to a plywood platform inside the "drawer panel" next to the icebox.  The bottom panel of the galley drawer panel next to the icebox opens downward to gain foot access.

That platform also has the 12v fresh water pump.  The foot pump drain was originally "Tee-d" into the sink drain.

Hope this helps

Ron, Apache #788