In the eye of the beholder

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Henderson

First.. before I even start this post let me say that Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Secondly I know that each of us have either acquired from a PO, or have done ourselves, particular modifications to our boats that may not have had the desired effect from the original plan. :shock:

That being said.  While surfing around browsing various boats (OK OK  I'm a boat freak  I know it  :love:)  I came across this particular 1988 C34.

Why, why, why... does somebody do something like this to an already beautiful and elegantly designed.... (SEAWORTHY) boat.  :cry4` :cry4` :cry4`

Maybe theres something more to it that I'm missing but I don't think so.

Anyway, take alook and see for yourself. :abd: 

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1988/Catalina-Sloop-2499379/San-Pedro/CA/United-States
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

Roger Blake

That would be...to each their own...
Last Call
1998 C34 MK II
Hull #1414

learjetzz

must have been a pimp in a former life. smh

lazybone

Love the expensive ports (over my cheesy ones) and love dark blue hulls.
Ciao tutti

S/V LAZYBONES  #677

Ron Hill

That owner surly was a "busy beaver"!!
Ron, Apache #788

Clay Greene

I didn't know Liberace was a C34 owner - live and learn!

It is actually pretty impressive in a sort of twisted way. Good for them for customizing the boat to their tastes. Good luck on selling it, though.
1989, Hull #873, "Serendipity," M25XP, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

scotty

It's interesting what people can come up with.  The woodwork looks to be expertly done.  Solid stanchions/rails, who'd a thunk.  That boat must be really heavy!  Single guy live-aboard?
Scotty

Stu Jackson

Hmm.  Still has the FULL main cabin saloon table.

Where do they sit? :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Les Luzar

This guy was most probably a previous Westsail owner who had too much time on his hands!
Les Luzar
#355    1987
Windshadow
Long Beach, CA

efhughes3

Some interesting design aspects, to be sure. I'd say that would be an acquired taste. The chain lifelines and solar panel placement raise my eyebrows. I'll bet that boat weighs 1000lbs more than she did when she was christened.
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC

waterdog

Yes probably a thousand more.  Might have had to put an additional 500 lbs of ballast on the starboard side to correct the list.   Probably the cabinet in the aft is filled with lead...
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat