Fuel Lines

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulus

I have replaced all of my hoses, exhaust, water and engine.  This fall I would like to replaced the fuel lines.  Is there a difference between gasoline line and diesel?
Thanks for the input.
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Craig Illman

Type USCG A1-15, but I think the fill line to the tank needs to be A2

Ron Hill

Paul : I do believe there is a difference between gasoline and diesel fuel lines, as I know there is a difference in gas & diesel in line filters!!

I'd get the USCG J1527 fuel line.  
You'll need 3/8" from the tank to the Racor/electric fuel pump/engine and you'll need 1/4" return line back to the tank.
Ron, Apache #788

Ralph Masters

Loading zoom ..     Type A2 Hardwall Fuel Fill Hose; 1-1/2" SAE J1527 Fuel Hose, per foot Item # 23640Customer Rating:
(9 reviews)

Read 9 ReviewsWrite a Review
Key Features

Made of Helical wire for extreme flexibility

Resistant to gasoline, diesel, & alcohol fuels

Meets all BIA/NMMA requirements
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Ralph Masters

Also see:

FEDERAL LAW

183.572 - Grounding

Each metallic component of the fuel fill system and fuel tank which is in contact with fuel must be statically grounded so that the resistance between the ground and each metallic component of the fuel fill system and fuel tank is less than 100 ohms.

Fuel flowing from the dispensing nozzle into a fuel tank is a potential source of a static electric charge which could cause a spark between the dispensing nozzle and metal component of the fuel tank fill system. To prevent such a spark from occurring, metallic components of the fuel tank fill system and metallic fuel tanks must be grounded.

Grounding or bonding may be accomplished by connecting the metallic components electrically by running a wire from one component to the next, and so forth to the boat's ground. Grounding can usually be accomplished by a connection to the common bonding conductor or the engine negative terminal.

If the fuel tank deck fill fitting is nonmetallic, and nonconductive hose is used as a fill pipe, there is no need for grounding the fill fitting. Chrome-plated plastic fill fittings are treated the same as metallic fittings.
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Paulus

Thanks for all the input. 
Paul
Cool Change 1989 #944

Ron Hill

Paul : Your metalic fuel fill is grounded to the tank and the tank does have a ground from the gage sender.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788