Air bleeding knob broke

Previous topic - Next topic

pjcomeau

After doing some work on fuel line/filters. The bleeding knob was tightened too much and when I went to loosen it the knob brok off. I had to use vice grips to finish the bleeding process. I have the engine back to working like before work, but I need to replace this knob.

Where can I get one of these? Would a Kobota dealer have this part or only someone dealing in universal engines?

Oh, what is the proper name of this part?

Thanks,

Pierre
Pierre Comeau
Time To Keel, 1988 #687  Saint John, NB Canada

pjcomeau

I guess you have to buy the whole Bleed Valve Assembly (part that was added on the M25XP) - 300050 for ~$45.

Other then Torresen Marine, where else can you get this part?

-PC
Pierre Comeau

Stu Jackson

Any parts for the engine other than "marinized" items, like the HX, can be bought from the tractor dealer.  We suggest using Google to find a Kubota dealer.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

pjcomeau

I think this part is not used on the kubota. When I look at the "parts" break down, it's a part that is used/added by the "M25XP" (just this assembly with a knob).

Thanks
Pierre Comeau

Stu Jackson

Pierre, it appears that what you describe is the different bleed screws for the M25 (D850) and M25XP (D950) tractor engines, Parts #30 or 30A here:  http://www.marinedieseldirect.com/catalogs/catalog_group.php?owner=mdd&page_ident=200142-35&model=M-25%20/%20M-25XP%20/%20M-25XPA&manufacturer=Universal&title=Fuel%20Camshaft%20Group&quant_position=&catalog=200142&printparts=&printservice=&printoperators=&comment1=

No reason you shouldn't be able to get them from a Kubota dealer, even in Canada.  Bleeding is not one of those "marinized" parts, it's common to all diesel engines.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

Ron Hill

Pierre : If you'll look at the D950 Kubota parts list we have posted on this site, you can get the Kubota parts number and then contact the dealer.

The Kubota dealers do not look up engine parts by the engine number, rather they use the tractor model of B7200 in your case.  Don't ask me why?, I'll guess it's just the way the dealer system is set up!!

Hope this helps.
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

pjcomeau

Stu / Ron,

The part that broke is the knob at end of part 33 which attaches to 30A. I had looked at the Kubota doc in your link and it looks like they have the 30-31-32 setup instead of the 30A-33 setup of the M25XP (If you compare ther pictures from the marinedieseldirect site parts 30-31-31 against page 59 of Kubota doc parts 18-21-20).

Thanks,
Pierre Comeau