Installation of microwave under sink

Previous topic - Next topic

Andie Ryan

Any suggestions on drain and hose replacement?  Any warnings on the always 'unexpected' snags I will run into?  I've got a new-to-me C34, so every day feels like I am opening up Pandora's box.

chuck53

The previous owner of our boat had made a small shelf above the hanging locker just fore of the head.  We wanted a microwave as well but weren't sure where to locate it without major modifications.  The shelf was a good place but too small so I just made another about 50% bigger, got a small microwave and everything fits well.

Stu Jackson

Here's a picture of ours under the galley sink.  Cabin sole out for re-varnishing.  The PO did this.  He didn't do any of the improved sink drainage work, so he tied the old fridge foot pump to the galley sink drains.  We have to foot pump the water out of the sinks.  I've been meaning to improve that for the past 13 years, but have given up!  I look at it now as simply good exercise for my right leg!   :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Andie : There have been a number of articles in the Mainsheet tech section and on this web site regarding replacing the maze of sink drain hose.  It is sturdy-er & I haven't had a leak since(mid 1990s)!!

Most of us went to solid 1 1/4" PVC (from Lowes or Home depot) into the 1" hose on the thru hull.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788