screen door

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Hardesty

Guys,
Near the end of this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VM07VTd8Lg&feature=related

I bought the screen door, the can of stuff, and a sawzall.  Before I get started wanted to know.  Should the door open in or out?
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

Stu Jackson

Jim, I'd say IN, so you could easily open it, see the fish, and then more easily close it.  If it opens out you'd have to put a line on the doorknob to close it again against the water.   :shock:
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Kevin Henderson

Jim,

before installing the door either direction, I would advise first installing a small pet door as well, to the larger screen door.  This will allow you to easily open and close the smaller door and check for fish before opening the larger door.  Additionally, by having the smaller pet door installed, its much much easier in letting your pet out for a swim or simply reaching through the smaller door to check your bottom condition.  Don't forget to apply 2 coats of the rubber barrier along the seams and to allow for expansion and contraction. 
I would love to see some pics as your project progresses.  I've been thinking of doing the same thing.   :abd:
The sail, the play of its pulse so like our own lives: so thin and yet so full of life, so noiseless when it labors hardest, so noisy and impatient when least effective.
~Henry David Thoreau

horsemel

That is all well and good, but make sure you install a good dead bolt and one of those things you look through to see who is on the other side.  You never know who might come knocking.
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

efhughes3

Don't laugh-my engineers bought some of that stuff and are testing it for some sealing our cases require around evaporator coils. They were intrigued by the claims.
Ed Hughes
La Vie Dansante-1988 C34 Hull 578
SDYC

Ted Pounds

You can do the same with auto undercoating. That's what I found out doing a little online research.  Also a company called Cal-Gon makes a product called panseal(?) just for AC drip pans.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447