Mobile 1

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Hill

I recently went to buy Mobile 1 for my M25XPBs winter oil change.  I was surprised to find that all weights of Mobile 1 did not have a "C" rating anymore ??

So I called Mobile Corp and found out that ALL Mobile 1 "C" ratings were removed from the bottles.  Mobile told me that Mobile 1 was still rated for CF and below and that the "F" was an old rating for old engines and that's why they took it off of the bottles!!??!!
Still didn't make much sense to me, but that's the way it is! - you can still use Mobile 1 10W-30 or 10W-40 in your Universal engines.

Incase you are interested, the difference in the "C" for compression and the "S" for spark ratings have to do with the additives in that particular oil to help suspend the particulates in the diesel or gasoline oil !

A VERY important thing is to use the same oil brand as differant oil companies use differant additives and you do not what differant additives to clash!!

A few thoughts. 
Ron, Apache #788

Ralph Masters

Ron,
You can run Mobil 1 in the diesel??  I did not know that.  Does it get black like the Delco??

Ralph
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Ron Hill

Ralph : Sure you can use Mobile 1 in your diesel just as you can use ANY oil with a "C" rating.  
The main difference between regular and synthetic (just one of them) is that synthetic doesn't "wear out" like regular oil can.  
I use Mobile 1 in both of my autos and always have, so why not in my boat engine!

Regular vrs synthetic oil falls in the same category as religion, politics, choice of anchors, type of batteries etc etc !!!
Ron, Apache #788

Ralph Masters

Thank you for the information Ron.  I have used Mobile 1 in my pickup for years, in fact all three trucks I've owned, just thought the Delo400 was what had to go in the boat.

Ralph
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987