Track car blocks

Previous topic - Next topic

rappareems

I need to replace the track car blocks used to lead the jib sheet to the winch.   Not the genoa cars but what serves more as a "turning block".  I see Garhauer has them which is what I have.  I am at work and was wondering anyone knows off hand the width of the 34 track... I am thinking 1"...
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario

Gary Brockman

All of my track is 1 1/4".
Squall
1986 Hull #231
Tall Rig/Fin Keel - Elliptical Rudder
M25XPB - Flexofold 2 Blade 15x10
Marina del Rey, California

tommyt

Not sure about the size of your track, but you can be assured that Garhauer will know. Call them.
Tom Mallery, C34 #1697, 2004 MKII, Splash Dance

Ralph Masters

Tracks on my 87 are 1 1/4" as well.

Ralph
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

Steve W10

Mark;

I spoke to Kelly at Garhauer, she was excellent.  Shipped the 40-40 UAG to me quickly at just over $50 each; I think they make great products.  I opted for the spring supported block vice the hinged version that I see on a lot of boats (not sure that Garhauer even makes those); I think the geometry is better when I move them outboard and use them for my spinnaker.  With a Safe Working Load of 2,800 pounds, I think they're good.  Obviously my '88 also has the 1ΒΌ" track.

AG = Anodized Aluminum Grey
AB = Anodized Aluminum Black

http://garhauermarine.com/catalog_process.cfm?cid=28

Ron Hill

Guys : ALL C34 have a 1 1/4" Genoa track. The important thing to tell/remind Garhauer is it's a recessed track (the only Catalina's with a recessed track!!).  
The early production 1986 thru? 1992 have a curved track while the later C34s have a straight track. You might also want to insure they are ball bearing sheaves. A few thoughts
Ron, Apache #788

rappareems

Thanks guys I spoke with Mark at Garhauer and they are on their way... I didn't read these posts before ordering so we will see if Ron is right re my needing to tell them about the track configuration... he seemed very comfortable with my telling him it was an '86 vintage boat.  I ordered the stainless model.  Will let you know how they shake out...

Mark
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario