V-Berth Trim question

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

The white, leatherett board that hides the wiring between the teak and the hull is supported by wood blocks a-fixed to the deck above. My blocks are starting to come loose. How are they attached to the deck above? Epoxy? 5200?
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ron Hill

Lance : Not too sure, but believe that the factory originally used caulk.  I'd use some 5 min. epoxy to reattach.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Stu Jackson

Gee, time for me to say that 5200 doesn't belong on a boat yet again. :D  Mine are screwed into the blocks, simple, no glue required.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Stephen Butler

Our 1990 C34 has blocks that are glued in with what looks like 3M 5200, and then the vinyl covered boards are screwed into these blocks.  Hope this helps.   
Steve & Nancy
Wildflecken II
1990, #1023

Ted Pounds

ALL of mine came off  :cry4` and I re-attached w/ 5-minute epoxy.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Lance Jones

Thanks all!  :thumb: Looks like West System wins another few bucks from me.
Stu, yes the trim is screwed into the blocks. However, what attaches the blocks to the boat? It looks like 5200 or similar on the ones that fell off.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ted Pounds

Yeah, I think it was 5200 or something similar.  Mine was a tan color and the 5200 I've used is white.  So it may be something similar, but not as good...
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Susan Ray

Stu..I'll second that "5200 does not belong on a boat"...(someday you may want to remove that!). I have some scary stories to back that up...but the kids just don't listen!
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii