Garhauer Outboard Lift Davit Installation

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewartn

Anyone install the above on a C34 MkII? I'm curious to see where the base for the vertical lift pole is placed. The boat has those "Princess Perch" stern seats with the stern pulpit rounded outboard to accommodate their backs. Pics wouuld be helpful, but I'll take any suggestions (if you have installed one). Thanks all.
Stewart Napoleon, Hull #1472, Desiree
Greenwich, CT

Stu Jackson

A search on "motor lift", second hit down the list:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5723.0.html

Try that search and read some more of the results, like this one:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,1048.0.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jim Hardesty

I have one on Shamrock, the PO installed it.  He drilled a 2"? hole in the starbord "princess seat" and mounted the lower, ball, directly below.  The motor mount is starbord of the bording ladder.  Works good.
Jim
Jim Hardesty
2001 MKII hull #1570 M35BC  "Shamrock"
sailing Lake Erie
from Commodore Perry Yacht Club
Erie, PA

cmainprize

Hi Stewart
Take a look at the picture below.  We have davits on our boat, but you might be able to mount the lift in a similar fashion.  I had the bottom arm of the davit bent slightly inward to accomodate the perch seats.  If we had not do so the lower mounting point would have been either right on top of the cowl vent or to close to the hull/transom seam.  The factory tabed the joint together thickly creating a weird shape to the hull on the inside.  If I had mounted if closer to the seam I would have had to create a curved backing plate to put it all together.  I took some plastic conduit and bent it to the angle I needed an had the davits bent to match. 

Cory

Cory Mainnprize
Mystic
Hull # 1344
M35
Midland Ontario