suggestion for hx padding

Previous topic - Next topic

horsemel

The rubber padding that was on my hx was completely rotten and melted.  A friend suggested I go to the local conveyor supply outlet where theymake custom conveyor belts.  I was able to get a scrap of heavy rubber conveyor belt around 1/2" thick that is flexible and will endure the heat of the hx.  Cost $2.00! If you have a similar predicament this might be a good option for you.
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Ken Juul

Never seen a rubber pad on an HX.  Do you mean between the HX tube and the mounting brackets? 

The building I work in has a flat roof.  When they were re-roofing it a few years ago the workers were about to throw a 4'x6' sheet of rubber roofing membrane away.  Instead it went in my trunk, I'm set for rubber gaskets for years.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

horsemel

yes, between hx tube and mounting brackets
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Stu Jackson

Inexpensive bicycle inner tubes work just fine for that if you can't find someone's roofing material to liberate! :D

Indeed, those of you with HXs that are hose clamped on would do well to install one to avoid the metal rubbing together and putting a hole in your HXs.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."