Farallone Yacht Sales

Previous topic - Next topic

anne

Hello,

I am considering using Farallone Yacht Sales (Alameda) as a broker to sell my Catalina 34. Has anybody done this? What has been your experience?

Thanks in advance for any advice/thoughts!
Anne

Stu Jackson

They have a good reputation.  Help me understand why you'd use a broker when a C34 is very hard to find on the open market and you'd still get top dollar if she's in good condition, even with a minimum of electronic gadgets?  How come you're not just placing an ad in Latitude 38 and fending off the buyers?  Or have you tried that already?  The skippers in Fleet One may know someone who'd be interested - they're a very active local fleet.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

anne

We've been trying to sell her online (craigslist, boattrader, sailboatlistings etc...) for about a month and haven't got a lot of interest.

She's in great shape! You can check out pictures here (http://www.cjfox.ca/static/C34/C34_Main.html).

Maybe we're not patient enough...but I just wanted to start investigating other options.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Anne

Wayne

I know Farallon is really happy to get a 34 listed because they sell really quickly and easily.  Your pictures show a good, clean boat; I'm sure they will get it sold for you.
2006 MKII Hull # 1762
San Francisco, Ca