roller furler

Previous topic - Next topic

lucky

My furler(3250 hood) has lost the bottom bearings.My search for a new furler has led me to the hood 808 or the alado furler.The alado has a good  write up in PS Febuary 2009.If any one has any experience with one of these furlers  ,your comments would be valued.`I feel my 20+ year old 3250 is not worth repairing
Thank you
Lucky C34
Hull#13
Al Landry           

Stu Jackson

Al, if you do a search on "roller furling" or any of the "prime suspects" of the industry, you'll find lots of comments.  Hood, ProFurl, Harken, Shaefer, etc.  Alado is a newer one with good write-ups on other boards, but I do not recall hearing of them here.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Al : Look in the Mainsheet Tech notes, I wrote an article on installing a new Hood roller furler along with new standing rigging.
Also I'm not too sure about a Hood 3250, but I do have extra bearings and bushings for a Hood 915  furler. 
Ron, Apache #788

lucky

Ron
Thanks for the info.Bottom bearing location will have to be bored and sleeved.I'm leanining towards the Alado furling.Repair of old furling would cost more than half a new Alado or Hood 808.
Lucky #13
c34
Al Landry