West Marine scam WARNING!!!!!

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

A 'heads up' for us men who are regular customers of West Marine. Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping .Simply going out for supplies became quite traumatic. Don't be naive and think it can't happen to you.

Here is how the scam works.

Two seriously good looking girls, 20 or 21yrs old came over to my car as I was loading my trunk.They both start wiping my windshield with a rag and Windex,with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. It is impossible not to look. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say NO and instead ask for a ride to another West Marine.

You agree and they get in the back seat .On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.. I had my wallet stolen on December the 23rd, 26th, 28th, 30th, twice on January 2nd,4th, 5th, three times just yesterday, and very likely this coming Saturday.So tell your friends to be care
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Wow, I wonder how long it will take them to get to Phoenix or San Diego.
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Ron Hill

Lance : I'm surprised that you got scammed, as that one's been around now for weeks.
Ron, Apache #788

dbpaul

pogmusic

Well every time I read that I still smile....lucky I guess it come with age.

paulj

Rick Johnson

I hope they come to Austin, the next West Marine is at least an hour away in San Antonio....  It'll be a nice drive.

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

Jeff Kimbel

.... Begging the question:  What were you doing on the 24th, 27th, 29th, 31st, 1st & 3rd that was so important???

:D

Ken Heyman

Lance--what was their stance on global warming, health care and the economy?

Ken
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

horsemel

Lance,
You could avoid getting your wallet stolen each time if you did not take it along to West Marine.  But, then again they might not try to rob you again after that.
Mark Mueller
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Ken Heyman

but if you are on your way to WM isn't it really just a question of who robs you--(the "window washers" or West Marine)?
Ken Heyman
1988 c34 #535
"Wholesailor"
Chicago, Il

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

The trick is to hide your wallet in a hard to find spot and make them work for it.

Then the story may have a happy ending. That is if they can't find it, of course. You weren't thinking anything nasty, were you? 
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net