Breaker Question

Previous topic - Next topic

karista

Had a similar incident several years ago, I replaced the standard Catalina supplied GFCI outlet with an new one which has a LED light on it, which does two things. If its Green your GFCI is working correctly and provides a visual indication that the Circuit is energized and protected and not tripped.
Bernd, 1990- Hull 1012, Gulfport, FL

Ron Hill

Guys: I did the same thing that Bernd did origionally when I first got my 1988 C34. 
Most 1988 and 1989 C34s (& maybe some other years) did not come with a shore power ON light so the indicator light on the GFI was a solution.  The problem was that the GFI that came with the boat was a marine grade which I replaced with a household grade (also be sure to check the amperage rating of any replaced GFI!!).

To solve my problem (written up in the old Projects and Tech notes) was to wire in a neon 110 v green light to the "outlet" circuit.  While I was doing that I wired in red neon lights for the water heater and battery charger circuits.

I always leave the "Outlets" circuit breaker pushed in(ON) so the green light is ON when shore power is connected.  When I push in the water heater breaker the red light shows the Water Heater is on and the same with the Battery Charger.

It's nice to be able to see from a distance (even the Vberth area) which AC items are ON. 
A thought  :wink:

Ron, Apache #788