Teak trim for sale

Previous topic - Next topic

garryg24

I just removed a full set of teak brightwork (trim) from my '87 C34, hull number 440.  I replaced all of it with Plasteak (www.plasteak.com).  I'm very pleased with the results and am looking forward, with glee, to the times I won't be refinishing.  Hawaii is tough on teak in the sun.

I have all the removed pieces which are in good material shape.  Alas, as lazy as I've gotten about brightwork maintenance, they are sorely in need of cosmetic attention.  If anyone in your organization would be interested in buying the whole lot of teak, including two pieces I had bought and set aside to replace the vertical strips to port and stbd of the main hatch (I never got around to doing it), I'd be willing to sell it all for $100 plus shipping cost.  Could provide a photo.  Will forward a photo of the finished Plasteak work soon.

Garry Grofcsik, Hawaii
(612) 554-0013

Lance Jones

Man, I'd jump at that but the shipping charges to Georgia are probably more than the cost of the wood.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Ron Hill

Garry : I'm with you - would rather be sailing than at the dock doing teak !! 
I anxiously await your photos of the finished product!  Also would like to know the magnitude of the cost?
Ron, Apache #788

Joe and Carol

After removing Bristol and refinishing teak last fall on our 87, your project of replacement with Plasteak sounded easy.  Can you share more of the project?  Did everything fit?  How did you ship all your teak pieces to Plasteak?
Joe & Carol Pyles

YatchaSea
1987 Catalina 34 TR
Hull #244

Sailing Stockton Lake, Missouri

Andrew Harvey

This Plasteak is pretty cool.

How did you get them to replicate the handrails and companionway slider boards?

Did you send drawings ?

Andrew 
Andrew Harvey

Lance Jones

Just got my teak from Gary! Woo-hoo, Kitty's Cat to be upgraded!!!!
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

David Urscheler

Hey Gary:
You got any pictures yet?
Dave

sharkey

Garry,

Please let us know what the costs were/shipping etc. as well as pics of the final final. Having spent way too much time followed by way too much money on a losing cause this would be a great upgrade.  Also intersted in hearing from anyone who has replaced their cabin sole with plasteak...

Thanks!