The Perfect Storm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Kuba

Weathermen here in the Midwest are calling the current storm on the East Coast, "The Perfect Storm."
The remnants of tropical storm Ida and a Canadian high pressure have created quite a combination it seems, and has claimed at least two commercial fishermen so far.

Hope all our members out east are faring well.
Bob Kuba, C34IA Past Commodore

Ron Hill

Here in Fredericksburg Va, we received 6 inches of rain on Wed. & Thurs. 
Today we received another inch and it's still raining.  Glad I'm up on the hard!! 
Ron, Apache #788

Hawk

Now don't go blaming everything on Canada again............we hardly ever see a high pressure system up here in Vancouver in the winter....its low after low.
Hope those on the water stay safe out east.

Hawk
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

Ken Juul

Picture of my dock on Thursday night.  Water level is normally about 3' under the dock.  A live aboard reported that it went up another 10" or so at high tide.  Said the marina is a mess, lots of damage to docks, no power, etc.  Picture courtsey of Michael Shaner's cousin who has a C28 at the marina. No reported damage to Michael's or my boat :clap
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Roger Blake

So much rain...so much of it made it into the boat...I've found leaks I didn't know I had. Looks like a long winter rebedding more than I thought I had to do. Expecting a dryer interior next season...now where is the Life Caulk I bought...
Last Call
1998 C34 MK II
Hull #1414

Ken Juul

All is well.  Boat is dry, bimini need some seams redone but is in one piece.  Weather was beautiful today....but too many dock boards, etc floating in the creek to try to go out.  big decision....winterize next weekend or try to wait till mid December.  I'm thinking about waiting,will have to consult with the weather gods.  Would really like one more weekend on the bay in 2009.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Michael Shaner

Thought I heard somebody whisper December something or another... :santa
Michael & Alison Shaner