Mariposa update

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie

Some of you might remember the C34mkll Mariposa the boat that stood up to Hurricane Ike and like a Timex watch "took a lickin and is still ticken"

I built a triaxle trailer and hauled the boat 4.500km back to BC Canada with my diesel pick-up. (I would not recomend this to the faint hearted)
Most of the repairs are done and will be back in the water next spring.

ozzie :D

Stu Jackson

That's great news.  Pictures would be much appreciated and we'd be glad to help you put a wiki article together.

Keep up the good work!   :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Hawk

Hey Ozzie,

I just drove back from Kelowna yesterday from my son's AAA hockey tournament (Silver Medal). Walked past the marina and saw a few nice sailboats on the lake....and way less rain!
Hawk

Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

ozzie

Hawk it's to bad we didn't connect before. Next time you are coming up this way give me a email at davehayes500#hotmail.com and we can have a cold one at the club.

Stu I would post some pics, don't know how yet.

ozzie

Stu Jackson

Ozzie,

Posting Photos:  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,3701.0.html

Basic instructions are in reply #2
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Norris Johnson

Ozzie,
As the PO, that is great news. I miss that boat. I never had any plans to change boats, but the insurance money was the same that I paid for the boat in "98". I have replace it with a "36". It was as close as I could get to the Mariposa. Good luck Ozzie. You have a good solid boat! Sorry I missed you when you picked it up. Had some personel business that couldn't be changed.

Stu,
Would you send me the renewal to the 34 assoc. I must have misplaced the first one.
Thanks
Paisano
Catalina 36 MkII 95
Hitchcock, Texas

ozzie

Here are some pictures of the repairs.

Dave.

ozzie

ozzie

ozzie

Michael Shaner

Ozzie...one word...WOW!!

Uninhibited ambition is a beautiful thing...that trailer is an awesome piece of work too!

Michael & Alison Shaner

Hawk

Ozzie,
Will do . I have family in Penticton. Maybe catch a sail on the Lake with you one day.

Hawk
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

ozzie

No worries Hawk let me know when you are in town and we can go for sail.

Ozzie

pablosgirl

Ozzie,

Great job!  My wife and I also purchased an Ike damaged boat.  Though we did not haul it the distance you did, repairing her ourselves has brought us great memories.  We look back on the six weeks in the boat yard now as such fun, though at the time we were worn a little ragged.  The boat was formerly named Golden Eye II out of Watergate Marina.  I will include some before and after pictures.
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP

pablosgirl

And after the repair
Paul & Cyndi Shields
1988 hull# 551 Tall Rig/Fin Keel
M25XP