Engine Hose

Previous topic - Next topic

billhatter

I seem to remember that either Ron Hill or Mike Vaccaro wrote an article within the past year about replacing that small (probably 6" hose) on the front of the engine.  I thought I made a copy of it, but can't find it.  Anyway, I'm looking for replacement hose before I begin this project.  I know it needs replacing because all of you Captains have coached us about replacing the hoses that are still bronze in color. This is the only one left that is bronze.  I am also curious if this hose is something that can be found from our friendly Kubota Dealer? 

Bill Hatter
Proud Mary #459
Bill Hatter
Proud Mary
Hull #459

Stu Jackson

Bill, is the hose you refer to the one in the picture in reply #6 here?  http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,4518.0.html

If so, it is a special hose, 1 inch at one end and 7/8 at the other.

You should get it from a Kubota dealer, less expensive than Universal, if indeed Kubota will provide it because it runs to the heat exchanger which was one of those "marinized" parts.  

You may have to bite the bullet, get the part # from the manuals we have online (see the Home page, bottom, manuals, or the wiki) and get it from a Universal dealer if need be.

Wow, 20 years on original hoses.  I feel ALL better now. :D :D :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

billhatter

Stu

Thanks.  I do believe that is the one.  I'll check to make doubly sure when I return to the boat this weekend. 

Bill Hatter
Bill Hatter
Proud Mary
Hull #459

Craig Illman

Bill - There's a potential to get it at an auto parts store. My M25XPA had one with "Carquest" on it. I don't have a part number and you're going to need to find an auto parts store that has someone older than nineteen that won't need to know what make/model car it goes on.

Craig

Ron Hill

Bill : That hose is a preformed, reinforced hose.  Do as Craig suggested, take it off and go to some auto parts stores and match it to a duplicate - that's what I did.  A thought
Ron, Apache #788