Ice maker

Previous topic - Next topic

Lance Jones

After "Test" fitting the Ice Maker in various locations, we opted for the shelf above the nav station. We'll move the micro wave else where. Any suggestions for securing it so it doesn't fall off?
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Lance,
How did you have your microwave secured?
We also have our microwave in the same place and secured it with locking tabs we found at West Marine designed to hold a TV from moving.
I would think it should work for the icemaker too.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Lance Jones

That's how we had the micro secured; but, they wouldn't hold.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

Stu Jackson

The most obvious approach would be to see what is on the bottom of the ice maker.  If there are no holes, it's a different story.  Steve Dolling (waterdog) secured his microwave to that same spot, but I didn't ask him how he did it, maybe it's written up in one of his recent posts about his upgrades.  

How about this? http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5103.0.html

Something's gotta hold it from underneath.  Looks like there's a support in the rear, too.

I got there by using the advanced search with microwave and waterdog.

We are fortunate that our PO installed the microwave below the galley sinks.  I personally really appreciate that open "space" above the nav station.  We have our "library" rack up there for the log books and chartbooks plus some manuals, and our binoculars store outboard.  We use it for the "catchall" for keys and stuff when on the hook or in harbor.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

jamiescot

I'm sure that your wife is so happy with the gift you have so generously given to her. As I have seen from the picture, your ice maker is really nice. We are using a Scotsman Ice Machine which has luckily fit in under our counter table and so my wife is contented where it is.

Lance Jones

Yes, she does love it. Except for our current plunge into the Ice Age, she uses it several times a week. One "load" of ice lasts about 2 days for her.
Lance Jones
1988  C-34 Kitty's Cat
S/N 622

waterdog

My microwave is held on by stainless L brackets.   I used sheet metal screws right into the side of the microwave and bolted them to the shelf and a vertical bulkhead.   I've tested it in near horizontal conditions and it holds.   Unfortunately it's not gimbled and Tracey opened it on a port tack so we are currently shopping for one of those little round glass rotating platters...
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat