Holding tank size

Previous topic - Next topic

ghebbns

Does anyone know the capacity of the holding tank for a 1990 C34 that is located under the port settee?  I have been emailing with Kent at Catalina and he sent me a list of tanks and a diagram.  In the list, the holding tank (Part # 40194) is listed as 18 gallons.  In the diagram, the holding tank (part # 60170 stock B179)  is 30 gallons.  I looked on Catalina Direct and it appears to be the 30 gallon tank listed for the C34.  There are measurements but my boat is an hour away and neatly bundled up for the winter so I would prefer not to have to get on board.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Greg
1990 C34 #1040
M 25XP

Ron Hill

Greg : If you look on page about 4.3.3 of your Owners Manual it will list the capacity of your holding tank!!

I believe that your Mk I tank should be 27 gallons.  A thought
Ron, Apache #788

Ken Juul

And don't forget, if your manual is on the boat, we have boat, engine, transmission manuals and many others in the tech wiki.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Ron Hill

Greg : I believe that the Owners Manual we have on our web site is a 1986 (1st year of production) manual.
I do now that the water tankage changed from 1986 to 1987,88,89,90,91!!

From the posts here on our Message Board ref: the MKII, it appears that their holding tank size change a few times!!

That is why I recommended that you check your 1990 Owners manual just in case Catalina did the same thing with the MKIs.  I don't think they changed the holding tank size from 1988,1989 and 1990, but you best check.

A thought
Ron, Apache #788