Engine Fresh Water Pump

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Shaner

thanx Braxton..."unsubstantiated" will make me sleep a bit better!
Michael & Alison Shaner

Ron Hill

Braxton : Thanks for the heads up. 
I'll have to check my bottle of Prestone Extend life anti freeze and see if it's Dexcool or not.  I'll also see what the Preston folks say about mixing the green and orange!!

see this for further discussion: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php/topic,5163.0.html
Ron, Apache #788

Sundance

So this weekend I took a closer look at the pump and cleaned up the area where the leak appeared.  Two things I noticed, first it looks like the coolant came from a weep hole (?) located on the underside of the pump. Second, after I evaluated and cleaned up the area, I motored quite a bit, 2 hours at a time, I looked at the engine and there was no evidence of any leak.  While I was happy not so see anything, I know better than to think my leak has magically curred itself.  Any thoughts?
Jeff
2001 C34 #1581
"Sundance"
Sandusky, OH

Stu Jackson

Jeff, could it be that a small leak in the hose may have "squirted" up into the weep hole?  If so, then the hose is the culprit and the pump is fine.  If not, you know you have to continue to clean and check the weep hole.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."