Including emal addresses in topics

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu Jackson

Recently we have edited topics posted by respondents that include their direct email addresses.

I also sent a PM to one respondent: "I edited your topic to remove your direct email address.  It's not a good idea to do because of the potential for spam for your own protection.  Also, just for us C34 folks, I wonder why you'd want someone to email you directly in answer to a very good question - we'd all miss the answer."

The power of this message board is based on the communications from all of you for all of us to share.  In some cases it is very appropriate to take discussions off line between parties, and that's always up to you.

Thanks,

Stu

Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

joe

i recently started using an additional e-mail. i can read the message board but some of the good features are not available. how do i add that address to the membership list? joe
joe hamilton;  1988 catalina hull # 792; fresh water inland lake; "march hare"

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Joe,
I'd be willing to bet that you're not logged in on that other email address or other computer.
Look at the very top of the page to see if it shows your user name.
If not, just login in the spaces provided.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

Also be aware that this site is accessable from google, so if for instance if you provide your phone number in a post and someone googles that phone number, it will come up.
That is unless things have been changed on our site since the last time I tried googling my own phone number and got a post that I had included my number in a reply on this site.
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net