Audio Upgrade Idea

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

A few months ago I purchased a new stereo system for the boat. It was on sale at WM for $100. The manufacturer is Dual and it comes with 2 flush mount speakers.
What I really like about is that it has a ipod input that you can use for any device that has a headset jack or a external speaker jack and sooo     what you can do is if your TV is close by you can plug the headphone output into the ipod jack and use the cabin speakers to listen to the TV. Almost as good as surround sound
Also if your VHF radio is close by you can plug the external speaker jack into the ipod jack and use your cockpit radio speakers to listen to your VHF so you don't have to use a seperate speaker.
It also plays CD's both regular ones and those loaded with MP3's
The kicker is that it has a USB port that they advertise as being a charging port to cell phones and any device that will charge from a USB port but what the add doesn't tell you is that you can also plug in a USB memory stick with MP3 music loaded on it. These things will hold thousands of songs and are much better than using the old method of a CD stacker.

Any way I really like mine and I noticed they are on sale again for the same $100

Chack it out!

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net