VC-17 Touch up & Spring Launch Questions

Previous topic - Next topic

steve stoneback

Yesterday another sailor in our marina asked Interlux Technical Service the following question........

"I am putting on a new coat of VC-17 Biolux.  I was told by another sailor that I must launch the boat within 48 hours or the effectiveness of the product diminshes.  Is this true or is there a specific time frame?  Thank you."

This is the answer from Interlux......

"When applying VC-17m w/biolux, you have a maximum of 60 days prior to launch without losing the effectiveness of the coating.  Hope this helps to clarify any questions or concerns."

Tony,  I will start a new topic in a few days with pictures that show my trailer and explain our launch and haul process.  It also involves teamwork and several vehicles. All boats in our marina use trailers (some bigger than mine), cuz we don't have a boat lift.

Steve

Steve Stoneback
Grasmere
1989 #918
Lake Oahe Pierre, SD

rappareems

I am on Lake Ontario and a lot of the guys in the yard touch up every other year.  I do the whole boat out of habit.  We all used to use the Wagner and work in teams one guy mixing one spraying.  Seems now we all role... mix a little acetone with you VZ 17 does not hurt it and saves on evaporation. 

Waxing... most of our yard uses 3M Cleaner/Wax, even our boat yard roust abouts.  I used to do the Collonite Cleaner then paste wax and got great results with that.  I have found different hulls react differently to product.  My Irwin liked Collonite, my C34... not as much.  I suspect you are in by now regardless. :thumb:
Mark Cassidy
#232 1986
"Rapparee"
Lake Ontario