Manual Bilge Pump Parts

Previous topic - Next topic

horsemel

My manual bilge pump needs to have all of the rubber parts replaced.  I have looked through past postings that indicate the model from Whale is the Titan on Mk I boats.  I see the mfg. website has the rebuild kits but want to make sure that all of the 1988 boats had the Titan.  I have looked all over the pump and it does not have a model on it.
Mark Mueller
Blue Moon #815
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Stu Jackson

Mark, two ideas for trying to find out what the pump on YOUR boat is, regardless of whatever even everyone else may have on theirs:

1.  Use a mirror and see if there are markings on, what you may be, the underside of the pump body inside the lazarette (you may have done this already).

2.  Check a chandlery online, like West Marine, and look up the picture of that pump.  If it looks the same, it most likely is.  The WM catalog is almost like a boat's "parts list" for comparison and planning purposes.  I recommend that everyone should have one, or another similar catalog (paper or electronic or via wifi connection), on board as an important reference manual.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

horsemel

Stu, I will do the trick with the mirror.  Did not think of that when i was looking last weekend.  I will take the WM catalog and do a comparison.  I also have the Whale website so will see if they have some useful pictures as well.  I knew it would be too much to ask of Catalina to use the same pump on all the boats.  Thanks for the advice.
Mark Mueller
Blue Moon 815
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815

Steve McGill

Mark,

I always have difficulty using a mirror in close quarters, My tri-focals are always a problem.
What I have found works real well is to set my digital camera on macro. hold the camera 12-16"
from the object and shoot. This has work real well on my engin in hard to see areas and I also
identified the model and fan on my refer in the aft locker.

Steve
CLARITY 1988 #588 TRWK (sold 8/2023 after 17 yrs)
Chesapeake, Herring Bay, MD

Ron Hill

Mark : Call Whale on the telephone and they will identify the their pump from your discreption !  Then they will tell you which repair kit to buy. 
Then call Defender and have them order that kit!! 
You can look on the internet till the "cows come home", but there's no replacement for talking to a tech support guy at the manufacturer !!
Ron, Apache #788