engine replacement cost

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Illman

Ron - Thanks, I was trying to qualify Joel's experience. It sounded a bit too simple if it was something other than a XPB to XPB.

I did a lot of research earlier last fall on the transmission changes. If I swap out my HBW50 for the longer ZF6 (or ZF10), then my XPA needs to come forward, since my hull seems to have a shaft for a M35 without a lot of room to shorten it. If the engine comes forward, then I need to consider how the existing exhaust is going to meet the water lift muffer inlet.

It's always something.

Craig

jwlittle

Two years ago I had my 1988 m25XP replaced with a 30 horse Yanmar.  My dealer charged me just over $10K for everything that needed to be done including a new panel.

jkar

It replaced an original 1987 M-25(a/b?).  Got it from Marysville Marine.  Only thing that really needed to be custom was the exhaust.  The supplied exhaust was too long, removed and replaced with a shorter piece, fit right up to the original manifold, wrapped it with tape and away it went.  The mounts were maybe 1/8" off, can't say for sure if it wasn't from wear.  Epoxied them and re-tapped, fine.  Tranny hooked right up.  Mechanic was almost baffled, expected something to be wrong, his words "nothing ever fits right, this is amazing".  Only glitch was upon startup, vapor lock triggered the "overheat" alarm, removed the hotwater by-pass and bled, everything was good.  Ran it up and down the lake over the next two weeks (1200miles) and got the 50hr break in done at the same time.  Get get S/N and manuals as soon as the snow melts a little if interested.  joel