Fleet 15 - Western Canada - Interest Level?

Previous topic - Next topic

As an owner in Western Canada, what is your level of interest in having a fleet?

Not Interested
I'd like access to shared tools
The occasional get together sounds interesting
Group cruises would be fun
Racing would be fun
Let's get together once and see if we can stand each other

waterdog

Doing a little secretarial work for proposed fleet 15 commodore Tom...   

Having a fleet may be fun, interesting or advantageous or perhaps we're all boating to avoid any organized activity.   As a first step, lets figure out who is interested and why.  Vote early.  Vote often.  Include your comments below. 

Webmaster, feel free to move this to the fleet forum section as it will not likely be interesting to the group overall. 
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Jack Hutteball

Ah... I sense a lot of good articles coming out of Fleet 15 for the Mainsheet Magazine.  As the new Associate Editor for C34 IA, I have watched your postings here with interest and amusement. You couldn't have any less "organized activity" than we have in Fleet 5 just south of you.  But hey, we have a good time when we get together.  So go for it guys, I will be looking for some great stories for the March 1 deadline.  Probably the first article will be about sailing in 60k winds and 2' of snow!!

Jack
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington

waterdog

Jack I did notice in trolling through the fleet 5 forums that Craig was proposing a Gulf Island get together inviting us North Salish Sea sailors along for the ride.   Our first act of Fleet 15 will be to formally recognize your event and make it a joint one and thereby avoid having to do any actual organizing ourselves.   Of course if we never get around to forming Fleet 15, then we'll just show up at your get together.  Tom will free dive without a wetsuit and check everyone's zincs.

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Hawk

Steve:
I have been down in the Seattle area with the inlaws for a few days (Samamish) doing a little industrial espionage on Fleet 5, and looking for some cheap American free diving gear. They seem well organized down there and unless your poll has had an overwhelming response, we may simply be left to quietly infiltrate Fleet 5...you know, show up unannounced at a Rendezvous slyly flying American colours...that kind of thing.
Tom.
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

Tom Clay

Tom/Steve.....

If you show up unannounced at a fleet 5 event just bring food for the potluck. We are easy and will accept anyone with food.....LOL

PS...We spent 10 days up in the Gulf Islands 2 years ago on Somewhere's first trip.
Tom and Lynn Clay
2006 34' Hull #1760......Somewhere
Olympia, Wa.

Craig Illman

If you're going to fly American colours and slip in on the sly, you better spell it right!  :wink:

Hawk

Got it Craig...no Canadian spellings. Lets see, that means remove the u from colours....and rendezvous would be "rondayvu". I likely have Samamish wrong as well.........
Hawk
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

Jack Hutteball

Even with the American colours flying, we know what will give you guys away... eh?
Jack and Ruth Hutteball
Mariah lll, #1555, 2001
Anacortes, Washington