C34s in the Snow

Previous topic - Next topic

waterdog

I checked out a few of the boats in Fleet 15 yesterday.    It looks like we may have a little trouble getting out of the marina.   Nobody seemed to have a snow load that would cause a serious concern.   Though no guarantees on the tarps.   
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Rick Johnson

Aye, this is why I live in Texas.....   Burrrrrrrrr...

Today was shorts and a t-shirt while I worked on the new dodger.....

Cheers Ya'll,

Rick
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

mtullier

South Louisiana snow day.  Very rare.
Mike

Braxton

I finally got a chance to check on Ballou yesterday.    Even in the warmer temperatures and a driving rain we still had two inches accumulated on desk.   An inspection turned up no issues and she looks as if she weathered the storm very well.
Braxton Allport
1988 #805, Ballou - Tacoma WA

Hawk

Steve, New Fleet 15 was supposed to be the Canadian Banana Belt fleet but your photos have thrown water, err, snow, on that idea.

Todays conversation: "I'm going down to the boat....to dig her out." 
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35

waterdog

It's tricky business, Tom.  The internet ruins everything.   We do like to have that reputation.  And it's always fun to call up a friend in Toronto after a big March snow dump and tell them you played golf yesterday and went sailing today, how are things in the rest of Canada?

But in Chicago and San Francisco they just laugh at us and think we are light wind sailors who spend most of our time motoring around in drizzle.   So you know every now and then we have to show a picture of a foot of snow and then tell a story about shovelling the boat off and moving the ice slabs out the way with the boat hook so we can go out sailing in 30 knots with freezing spray.  That way we can cultivate our reputation as right some hairy chested bastards who wouldn't think twice about diving overboard to inspect the zincs in the middle of January in the depths of a Canadian winter. 

Don't ever let the truth get in the way of a good story, Tom. 

And whatever you do, do not post pictures of the palm trees on Beach Avenue with a foot of snow on them.  That will ruin everything.  We will wait 'till February on a nice sunny day and I'll take pictures with your boat sailing in English bay with the palm trees in the foreground. We'll do it at high noon facing south and pretend it's sunset facing west...

Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Hawk

Steve, With all the "hot air" blowing around here there won't be any freezing spray with the 30 knots..........when the snow melts we might look into formalities for a Vancouver/Victoria/BC et al fleet, if there's interest.
Tom
Tom Hawkins - 1990 Fin Keel - #1094 - M35