signet Marine insturments

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Forshier

My signet marine data system went KaPut. I sent the smart Paks in and was told I needed a new one at nearly $500. On line I found them for about $425. Signet will not take a trade in or deal at all so am looking to either find a used SL75 or then sell off the entire lot and go with a wireless system. I wonder if the sounder, paddle wheel, and mast top system are propriotary to signet. I suppose that is a silly question.
I have not found them very helpful.

Craig Illman

Terry - I found that when I replaced my Standard Horizon instruments with Simrad that the depth & speed transducers weren't proprietary. I was able to go to the Airmar website and get the wiring diagrams. It's worth a try. When I hauled in September, I did go ahead and have the Simrad transducers installed.

If you have to replace transducers, I'd suggest looking at the NMEA 2000 units from Airmar, Maretron, or Garmin and put the information on a data bus, available to any display, chartplotter, etc.

Craig

Terry Forshier

Just got an offer with a discount from Signet. I think I will take it as it looks pretty good. Terry