Propane Stove Installation

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Masters

This weekend we completed the instalation of our new Force 10 propane stove and propane system.  I fashioned the storage container and instalation just like Ron shows in his upgrade notes and photos.  Cooked our first meal on board Saturday night.  The only problem I ran into was the pressure gage I installed is on the down side of the regulator and I put in a 0 - 300 gage.  And it just does not register.  Need to replace that with a 0 - 15 low pressure gage.
The toughest part of the installation was putting the thru hull in the transom for the storage box vent.  Not much room in the lazzerrt to do major work.  The standards call for a minimum of 1/2 vent and I put in a 3/4 inch hose.
Pardon the pun, but, now we're cooking with gas................

Ralph and Ann Marie
Ciao Bella
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987

scotty

Ciao Bella is a MKI, right?  I'd like to see how you made the lazarette locker for the Propane.  Can you post some pictures? 
Thanks,
Scotty
Scotty

Ralph Masters

Scotty,
Ciao Bella is a MKI.  I do plan to post a couple of photos of the project, but I basically made the box from 1/2 maring ply, used sealent on all joints as I screwed them together.  I made my box just a bit larger then Ron's, I went to 14 x 14 inside.  Because of the size it would not go into the lazzerret so I had to cut all the pieces and put it together in the lazzeret, what a pain.  I used the worthington 2.5 gal tank, the squatty tank.  Put the reg and solenoid in the box.

Ralph 
Ralph Masters
Ciao Bella
San Diego
Hull 367, 1987