mattress

Previous topic - Next topic

kdexter

I am looking for ideas to mkae the V berth more comfy.  I have tried a 4" memory foam on top of the cushions - too hot and squishy.  Tried a couple of layers of egg crate on top - not great. Now have the memory foam under the cushions, but that doesn't seem to work either.  I REALLY don't want to invest in innerspring, but if I must ...Any other less expensive ideas?  Who make a good innerspring?

Stu Jackson

See the C34 Store link at the top of the page.  We still sleep comfortably on our original 1986 V berth cushions, so I don't have any personal ideas.  Good luck.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jon Schneider

Everyone I know who has the Froli system loves it (http://www.froli.com/en/freizeit/bettsysteme_mobil/bettsysteme_mobil.php).  I believe there's a vendor on the C36 IA's site that sells it.
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Stu Jackson

Uhmmm...on our site, too :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Allan.SVCarina

Another consideration would be a Tufted Topper.  I used one on a previous boat and was satisfied with it, i would have a decent nights sleep without much aches and pains in the morning.

http://www.tuftedtopper.com/
Allan R
# 2216 (C 36 MKII)

horsemel

My wife and I sleep in the aft berth.  Her back was killing her to the point of not wanting to sleep on the boat.  We went to Wall Mart and bought a queen sized (4" if I recall) that fit on top of the cushions just fine.  She sleeps well now without the pain she had before  There are different qualities of memory foam so maybe you want something a little firmer.  I bet you can cut a store bought pad to fit the v berth.  Anyway, it solved her (our) back problems for less than 100 bucks.
Horsemel
Blue Moon 3815
Mark & Melinda Mueller
Blue Moon, Hull #815