Black Sliding Doors and Catalina Customer Service

Previous topic - Next topic

paule

Try these guys good to work with supply many different marine products.
www.harborsales.net
Paul
Paul & Lynn Erb
Yachta Yachta Yachta
C34 2003 #1634
Rotonda West, FL 33947

Susan Ray

Do any of you who replaced the black plastic have photos of the finished product? I would like to see the formica and the ash strips if you have pics. I replaced mine with what is called Black Gold, a reflective plactic, but would like to lighten up the interior. Thanks
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

Stu Jackson

Susan, try the Knowledgebase, http://www.c34.org/tech-notes-index/technotes-excel.xls

Use the word "sliding" by searching with Ctrl F on the All Articles tab lower left of the screen.  There are a few, pictures'd be b&w on the PDFs.

I did see one done with teak covers on the doors, same color as all the rest of the teak down below, and was particularly wonderful, local boat here, has since moved on, so can't get any new pictures.
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Susan Ray

Thanks Stu. I don't have an Excell program and can't open that file but I will continue to search.
Aloha, Susan on "Stray" in the Ala Wai Harbor, Honolulu Hawaii

Craig Illman

Susan - The folks in Redmond make an Excel viewer:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c8378bf4-996c-4569-b547-75edbd03aaf0&displaylang=en

There are also viewers for other applications, like MS Word & Visio too.

Craig

steve stoneback

Susan,

I will take some pictures of my white formica doors this weekend and post them early next week.

Steve
Steve Stoneback
Grasmere
1989 #918
Lake Oahe Pierre, SD

Ron Hill

Susan : The ash batton sliding door picture is in the Mainsheet Tech notes.   :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Mike Vaccaro

Here's a photo of the 1/8" thick teak ply doors we built.  Note the heavy wooden handles that do double duty as door stops.  We added a 1" x 2" teak support at the mid-point of the shelf (just behind the doors) to prevent the shelf from sagging and making removal and installation of the sliding doors practical.  The old black plastic doors served as templates, and we treated the back of the doors and the edges with varnish to seal them.

Cheers,

Mike
1988 C34 Hull #563
Std Rig / Wing Keel

steve stoneback

Sorry for the delay.  Here are a couple pictures of my white formica sliding doors.

Steve
Steve Stoneback
Grasmere
1989 #918
Lake Oahe Pierre, SD