metal plate by stern railing

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobg

I have a metal plate above the rear seat, it has the number 613 stamped on it, can't read it well, but wondering what that plate is, it is about 2x3 inches.  Could that be the hull number?  Thanks  Bob
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands

Stu Jackson

Yes, and it should match your sail #.  The HIN (hull identification number) is engraved ("scratched"?!?) on the upper part of your transom, starboard side, just below the rubrail.  Good idea to keep a record of the HIN if it's not in yoru boat papers.  Go to the FAQ section of the website to learn what all the numbers and letters mean.  http://www.c34.org/faq-pages/faq.html
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Jon Schneider

Right about the HIN, but it shouldn't necessarily match your sail number.  US Sailing will issue its own offshore numbering system that may be required for non-one-design racing. 
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Ron Hill

Bob : It would be helpfull if you gave your production year and your hull number!!  That info would keep us from guessing ? 
Ron, Apache #788

Jon Schneider

Ron, I think in asking the question if "613" is his hull number, it might suggest that Bob doesn't know his hull number, right? 
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

Bobg

you are right, I don't know my hull number, can't find it. will take stu's suggestion next time on the boat and look there.  Thank you all for your information.  I really like the boat, however it is 160 miles from me, I should carry a laptop with me so I don't have to wait to get home for the website.  You guys are really helpful, I refer this site to everyone weather the have a catalina or not.  Bob
Bob Gatz, 1988 catalina 34, Hull#818, "Ghostrider" sail lake superior Apostle Islands