shaft length

Previous topic - Next topic

pjcomeau

Since I had to cut my shaft to separate it from the coupling (had planned on replacing both), I can't get a precise measurement.

Do you measure from the very end of the shaft and include the stub that the pin goes through?

I get around 57" even maybe a fraction little longer (the section left in coupler hard to measure). Does this match others?

I called Catalina and they told me sine they had a fire years ago, I had to get the length so they could tell if they had one in stock.

I see Catalina Direct has a 57" shaft, but it only lists the C36 with a M25-XP (same as in my C34).

Thanks,

Pierre
Pierre Comeau
Time To Keel, 1988 #687  Saint John, NB Canada

Ron Hill

Pierre : 57" sounds about right for an 1988 M25XP.  Catalina makes their own shafts and I'd guess that they are cheaper than Catalina direct!!  A thought
Ron, Apache #788

pjcomeau

Thanks,

Catalina will take to long. I checked with others around the yard and they suggested locals that can make me a new SS shaft.

Pierre
Pierre Comeau
Time To Keel, 1988 #687  Saint John, NB Canada

Michael

Pierre, a Saanich machine shop made up a SS shaft for my diesel mechanic - Pacific Marine Diesel - last year.  It seems to have worked well.  I hope your experience is as good.
Michael MacLeod, "Hali" 1997 Hull #1352, Universal M-35B engine, Vancouver, BC