kudos to Garhauer

Previous topic - Next topic

captran

I called and sent in my rigid boom vang after finding it mysteriouly extended out all the way and the smaller of the tubes bent in half.  The boat had been in storage and still can't figure out how that happened.  Anyway, sent in the unit and for $50 plus shipping they not only replaced the smaller tube,  but I think maybe replaced the whole thing and reversed the pulleys so that it connects correctly.  (The PO had the larger tube attached to the mast and the smaller tube to the boom.)  Now that's customer service to brag about! :clap
Randy Thies
Voyager  1997 #1345
was Florida, now Anacortes Wa

Michael

Randy, Garhauer recently was very helpful by email and telephone when I was hunting down one of their older model mast collar blocks, so I second your praise for their customer service.
Michael MacLeod, "Hali" 1997 Hull #1352, Universal M-35B engine, Vancouver, BC

Ted Pounds

As I alluded to in another post, how do these guys make money?  :donno:  Great products and VERY reasonable prices.  :thumb:  Outstanding service after the sale (I gotta think they're way overstaffed).  :clap  But how do they do it???
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Jon Schneider

I suspect they have two people out of 100 making over $100k (Bill, the owner, being one of them), and I think everyone who works there really cares about Bill and the reputation of the company.  It's not that hard if everyone cares, but that rarely happens in a corporate atmosphere. 
Jon Schneider
s/v Atlantic Rose #1058 (1990)
Greenport, NY USA

waterdog

Quote from: Ted Pounds on May 20, 2008, 07:00:59 PM
As I alluded to in another post, how do these guys make money?  :donno:  Great products and VERY reasonable prices.  :thumb:  Outstanding service after the sale (I gotta think they're way overstaffed).  :clap  But how do they do it???

It's all just a trick.  They think if they do these things, the good service and what not, that we'll all say good things about them and then more people will buy their products :D
Steve Dolling
Former 1988 #804, BlackDragon - Vancouver BC
Now 1999 Manta 40 cat

Ted Pounds

I see.  So even if they lose money on each sale they make it up with the high volume...  :rolling :rolling
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Rick Johnson

I went by the shop several times when I lived in SoCal.  The whole family works there father, sons, daughters(in-laws), etc...  Easily to get people who care when they are family.  Everyone was always nice and very helpful. It was great to see a family business doing well.   :thumb:

Cheers
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX