Hood Seafurl 915 parts source

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Asbury

Gentlemen, when attempting to install my head sail one of the shackle studs in the halyard swivel assembly popped overboard.  Just to be clear, I'm not referring to the 'D' or 'U' type shackles.  The Hood owner's manual lists the part as a shackle stud, with one in the upper and one in the lower swivel.  This stud is 1 1/2" long and 1/2" in diameter with a 3/8" hole in the bottom side thru which the D shackle pin fits.  Should have had a fine mesh net under the work area to catch that little rascal.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Bill
'91 C34 #1140 AVANTI
Bill & Penne
Sanderling 2005 C34MKII 1686
Chesapeake Bay

Craig Illman

Bill Asbury

Nope, Craig, that ain't it, but thanks for your prompt response.  What you sent is from pages 18-19 (Drive Unit Assembly) of the Hood manual.  The apparatus I'm referring to is on pages 20-21 Halyard Swivel Assembly and the shackle stud part number is 915 LD 5993-001.  I'm planning to contact Hood tomorrow and hope that works but thought there might be a better/quicker source.

Bill
Bill & Penne
Chesapeake Bay

Craig Illman

Bill - I didn't see a parts breakout for the top swivel assembly. If you still have the line drive furler, you might want to check out the conversion to the single line model. It's definitely in the top five of the upgrades I did to my boat.

Craig

Bill Asbury

Yep, Craig, my furler is what came with the boat new, and I certainly appreciate your suggestion to convert.  I'm well aware from reading this board since I bought the boat in '05 that numerous owners have converted to the newer and better system.  Just wanted to get mine up and running asap.

Kind regards,

Bill
Bill & Penne
Chesapeake Bay

Bill Asbury

Craig, I took another look at the info you sent me and believe that is the part I need, tho the part/ID#H5992-1 is different from the part # in the hard copy Hood manual I have.  Small wonder, since the manual was printed in '89.  Will contact Pompanette tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Bill 
Bill & Penne
Chesapeake Bay

Ted Pounds

I'll bet it was the upper stud that jumped overboard  :cry4`.  Mine tried to do that a couple of times.  I drilled and tapped a hole in the upper swivel for a small screw to act as a keeper to prevent the stud from slipping out.  Worked like a champ  :thumb:
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Ron Hill

Bill : If you still need one, I believe that I have a couple of them in my attic.     :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Bill Asbury

Ted, thanks kindly for letting me know your creative fix for jumping studs!

Ron, thanks for your kind offer to check your attic inventory.  I'll check with Hood/Pompanette and order the part assuming it's available.  If not, I'll get back to you.

Thanks again to both.

Bill
Bill & Penne
Chesapeake Bay