New Tank Monitor

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Johnson

Santa just brought me a new Tank Monitor.  I've done a search here and read the install project on the 36 site, but I was wondering where others had installed the panel.  I just cannot seem to find a good spot and I'm starting to think I'll need to make a teak box to fit so I can mount the panel on a bulkhead. The panel is 6 1/4 x 2 3/4.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Rick Johnson, #1110, 1990, s/v Godspeed, Lake Travis, TX

sail4dale

I mounted mine on the port seat bulkhead aft of the holding tank and facing aft into the nav station alcove.  Less wiring to the tank and the panel.  I did however make a teak box to account for some curvature but it was only about 1" thick.  It is our of the way and just beside the engine switch.  (34 Mk II)
Cat34 Mk II True Luff #1582  2001
San Pedro, CA (Port of Los Angeles)

DougP

I ran the wires through an flush mounted it on the bulkhead under the sink in the head.
Doug & Theressa
Noeta,  #307
Gig Harbor Washington

BillG

Likewise, I made a small teak box to hold the monitor and mounted it behind the black sliding doors just above the  nav station.
Bill
Rock Hall, MD

Tom Lanzilli

Rick can you tell me the make and model of the tank monitor you received?
Tom Lanzilli
Ithaka, 2004, #1660
Guilford, CT

Rick Johnson

Tom,

Santa must have been digging at the bottom of the sack because I got the old (new in box) Snake River Accu-gage (4 tank version).  I did build a small teak box to install it and finally had a chance to calibrate it yesterday.  Everything seems to work and it should help with monitoring my fresh and black water tanks.

After reading all the recent issues with Snake River (they have now been sold), if I had it to do over I would go with http://www.ferriellosales.com/. It is the former Sales and Engineering staff from Snake River and they put out a better product with much better support.  I'm still waiting to hear back from Snake River why when I check the level on my starboard water tank it 'blanks' the local FM radio station.  Not a huge problem and it's only that station, so it sounds like a RF issue to me, but I have talked to others who have had Dennis Ferriello call them on a weekend to help with issues.  Cannot help but like good service...

Cheers,

Rick

P.S. I hope no one is offended by this post, I hate to see that I'm headed back into negative Karma...

Rick Johnson

Just a picture of the installed Accu-gage...  Not perfect, but I'm happy.

Cheers,

Rick