need to replace muffler on '88 M-25XP

Previous topic - Next topic

rhewitt

Need some help with pictures or drawings and brand names with model numbers (web sites. emails) of what to use to replace the water muffler on an '88 M-25XP.

Thanks, Ralph

Stu Jackson

Try the Knowledgebase which finds this 2001 Tech Notes article from Ron Hill with a picture:  http://www.c34.org/mainsheet/pdf/Nov-2001.pdf
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

David Sanner

I ordered one a couple years ago by faxing catalina part dept at 818-704-6612

A one pager that said something like this:

I need a replacement muffler for 1988 C34

Kent (ext 236)  says the muffler's part number is #10946     
(Drawing 300-54003-1,  left side) $220.00

I also need the single hump hose   8" x 1 5/8" I.D.  $38.38
Part number 80648

-----

The price has surely gone up a bit from Feb 04.

David Sanner, #611 1988, "Queimada" San Francisco Bay

Ron Hill

Ralph : When you talk to Catalina parts, make sure that they understand that the "inlet and outlet" on the muffler are on the top!!!    :wink:
Ron, Apache #788

Mike Vaccaro

Catalina will likely request you to send the old muffler in for duplication.  This is the best way to ensure the new one will fit.  When you pull the old muffler, check the condition of the base--it's just a couple of trimmed pieces of 2x4 glassed to the hull with a 1/2" plywood piece that fits in the base of the muffler.  Our base was fairly well rotted, so we removed the old one and used it as a pattern to build a new one out of pressure treated lumber that we subsquently coated with epoxy.  If your base is still in reasonable shape, you might consider application of a clear, deep-penetrating epoxy (CDPE) to keep it in good shape. 

Cheers,

Mike
1988 C34 Hull #563
Std Rig / Wing Keel