New head & V berth Insert Stopper

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtydirt

On my 96MK11 I have a Par Compact manual head, 29090-0000.  I'd like to replace, in kind, without drilling new holes, etc.  What do you folks recommend.
Also, while I have your attention, does anyone have a fix for the insert in the V berth from falling out in the middle of the night?  Thanks.

Ted Pounds

Do a couple a searches on this message board.  Try "head" and "replace" and try "v-berth Cushion" of "v-berth insert".    For the head one you may have to play around with it to narrow it down.  I know there are some threads on both of those subjects.
Ted Pounds
"Molly Rose"
1987 #447

Ron Hill

Dirty : Watch the sales and you'll find a Par Compact head on sale. 
Take a "door hook" and attach the eye to the fwd part of the Vberth and the hook on the insert.  Did this 20 years ago and it's never fell down again. 
Ron, Apache #788

Fuzzy

Dirt:   We had the same problem with the vee berth insert.  Fixed it by putting
a small bungy cord from one hook over to the next hook.  Never has come
loose since.

Larry
Larry G. Trumble
East Jordan, MI
Katarina
1987 #475

Mike and Joanne Stimmler

I used barrel bolt latches on mine. There kind of tight to to get in but we usually don't remove the v berth filler anyway so it's not a big problem.

Mike
Mike and Joanne Stimmler
Former owner of Calerpitter
'89 Tall Rig Fin keel #940
San Diego/Mission Bay
mjstimmler@cox.net

Stu Jackson

We took two small pieces of teak and mounted them with screws at the aft end of the insert to the fiberglass on the side, keeps it from flopping out.  As Ron says, "Lotsa good material in those old Tech Notes!"  But only if you READ them. :D
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Craig Illman

re: V-berth insert. I used some heavy duty velco I picked up at Home Depot. About 8" on each side.

Craig

dirtydirt

Thanks for all the good suggestions. Warm weather, finally,  ahead on the Cape Cod.