Free Child's Play Pen - Crib

Previous topic - Next topic

Roc

Hello everyone,
I made a play pen/crib for the port side setee for my daughter.  She's now 4 and doesn't seem to need it.  It ended up being so useful and nice that I would like to give it to anyone that might need it for their child.  She used to nap or play in it while sailing and it is where she slept at night.  She was very well contained during any amount of heel.  She actually used to ask to go inside and thought it was fun, because it was her little fort area.  If anyone is interested, I can send it to them (just pay shipping), or if you are in the Rock Hall, MD area, I can install it on your boat (it's very easy, a few minutes at best).  It doesn't require any holes to be drilled into the boat.  It is supported by straps that attach to the grab rails.  It is held in place by the seat cushions.  One corner is disconnected and lowered so the child can be easily placed inside.  It collapses and rolls up for storage.  It matches the blue interior too!  It's made of blue canvas and netting.  Attached are a couple pictures, I hope they log in correctly. I have a MkII model, but don't know if the positioning of the attachments will work on the MkI.  I'm sure it could easily be modified :thumb:
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD

Mike Kuder

Roc.  Your timng is remarkable.  My wife and I have a 5 month old daughter.  We closed on a '94 C34 a couple weeks ago.  Haven't spent a night on the boat yet, and are still trying to figure out the best place for daughter to sleep.  It was hard to see the pics.  If possible, could you send them to me off line.  If it looks like it might fit our boat (MK I) I will take you up on your offer.  Would be happy to pay something in addition to shipping as well.

My email is mjkuder@gmail.com

Thanks.

David Sanner

Mike... nice timing... a new baby and then a new boat.

Roc, that's a very cool pen/crib you made.  We've had
pretty good luck with our PacknPlay lashed to the mast
but I like your setup a lot.
David Sanner, #611 1988, "Queimada" San Francisco Bay

Ken Juul

Those are both one of a kind ideas, how about submitting as projects.
Ken & Vicki Juul
Luna Loca #1090
Chesapeake Bay
Past Commodore C34IA

Jeff_McKinney

I'm the proud papa of 9 month old twins (Katie & Ryan) that are in the rolling over phase. The newer boats have a semicircular seating plan and a telescoping table table. We had considered a larger pack 'n play going there, but feel it's just too much hassle to haul aboard & set up. Since the table can be pushed down even with the boards of the seats (and a matching foam pad goes on top) we rigged up a chunk of netting that reached from the forward bulkhead to the cabinet where the galley sink lives. After securing the bottom edge with velcro strips the kids had a giant playpen to roll around in or sleep.  :sleepy:

I figure this is short term, because once they get more mobile they will simply climb over it like a marine invading the beach. Razor wire is not an option. The admiral & I usually sleep up forward, so the aft cabin is probably the next stop for the new crew. Plenty of room, they won't gripe about the low overhead for a while.
Jeff McKinney,  Event Horizon;  Upper Chesapeake Bay

Roc

The unit is still available to whoever is interested.
Roc - "Sea Life" 2000 MKII #1477.  Annapolis, MD