Sizing Bed Sheets

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkuder

My wife and I completed sea trial and closed on 1994 C34 over the weekend.  In our excitement we forgot to check dimensions of forward and aft berths.  The first mate is anxious to get new bedding for the boat as we are planning on being on the boat all weekend for the holiday weekend.  This may seem like a silly question, but does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for bedding, i.e. queen, full, twin? 

Thanks in advance!

Stu Jackson

Congratulations and welcome.  Hope you also join the C34 IA.

One of things we offer is an incredible amount of information.  If you check the link at the top of the Message Board, Knowledgebase, you'll find the Table of Contents of published articles over the years and links to them. 

One of the most powerful tools on this board is the search engine.  Type in "bed sheets" and you will be directed to everything ever written about them here.  You'll, of course, be swamped with jib sheets and re-bedding hardware, but don't be fazed, you'll find eighty five different opinions on any question you ask! 

Enjoy.

PS  We simply use queen sized sheets with the elastic on the bottom sheet.  You didn't mention whether you're using the aft for forward cabin, but it seemed to work for us aft and then, also, when we moved forward.

PPS  Also see: http://c34.org/bbs/index.php?topic=1506.0
Stu Jackson, C34 IA Secretary, #224 1986, "Aquavite"  Cowichan Bay, BC  Maple Bay Marina  SR/FK, M25, Rocna 10 (22#) (NZ model)

"There is no problem so great that it can't be solved."

Ron Hill

Mjk : Guess the 1986's were smaller as we used king size sheets and cut the excess off.  Also used the small shock cord around the bottom sheet.  We've made a couple of pairs of fitted sheets over the past 19 years!!  :thumb:
Ron, Apache #788